Sale Now On - 15% off Made to Order items and 30% off Stock Items* - Terms Apply

Sale Now On - 15% off Made to Order items and 30% off Stock Items*- Terms Apply

 
 

This insurance is optional and will meet the demands and needs of a UK resident requiring insurance for jewellery or watches in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands and Isle of Man plus up to 30 consecutive days elsewhere in the world any one trip.

The insurance is administered by T H March & Co. Limited, Hare Park House, Yelverton Business Park, Yelverton, Devon, PL20 7LS, and they are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). This may be checked on the Financial Services Register on the FCA’s website.

In the unlikely event that you may wish to make a complaint, this should be directed to T H March. The complaints procedure is detailed in your insurance documentation.

It is important you read the certificate as this details the terms, conditions and any restrictions in cover.

Click here to download the insurance product information document (PDF)

 
 
 
X
Popup
Protection your jewellery deserves

The insurance value is higher than our selling price and is the estimated replacement cost if our Diamond Heaven discount were no longer available at the time of a claim.

1 year cover for £62.73 inclusive of IPT

3 year cover for £114.74 inclusive of IPT

Our UK customers can insure their purchase with MarchGuard cover from T H March, providers of specialist jewellery and watch insurance since 1887.

Main Policy Benefits
  • No excess on claims
  • Simple and easy to arrange
  • Accidental loss*
  • Accidental damage*
  • Theft cover*
  • Worldwide cover (up to 30 consecutive days abroad)
  • All claims are processed through Diamond Heaven (repair or replacement)
  • For 3 year policies, protection is included against price inflation on replacement items (see certificate terms for details)

* Subject to terms and conditions of the policy

Click here to view / download the insurance product information document (PDF)
Click here to view / download the full policy wording document (PDF)

Please be aware:
  • This insurance is for UK residents only
  • There is no cover for wear and tear
  • There is no cover for items left in unattended baggage or in an unattended vehicle
  • There is no cover for any free gifts or accessories that may have come with the purchase
  • There is a 14-day cooling off period
  • This insurance is NOT renewable after the initial term
  • The policy wording provides full details of cover and exclusions and you are requested to read this.

Important notice: Whilst many home insurance policies may cover certain pieces of jewellery or watches we would advise all customers to check their policies closely. Certain household policies have restrictions on watch and jewellery cover, and may include limitations such as, no accidental damage cover, no cover outside of the home or cover for holidays abroad. They may also restrict your choice of jeweller for repair or replacement. In the event of a household insurance claim, you may be expected to pay an policy excess and any claims made may affect your future premiums.

Diamond Education Guide from Diamond Heaven Diamond Education Guide from Diamond Heaven

PRECIOUS METALS

The metal you choose should suit not only your partner’s style but also showcase the diamond. Yellow Gold is a traditional choice and warming to most skin tones.

PLATINUM

Platinum has become one of the most popular metals to be used in engagement rings and wedding rings. Platinum is a naturally white-coloured metal, meaning it will not tarnish and lose its brilliance. Platinum is also a very rare metal that is only mined in a few select areas of the world, making it a more expensive metal in comparison to Gold and Palladium.

Platinum will also enhance the colour of a diamond and its natural sparkle.

Platinum is usually hallmarked at ‘950’, meaning it is 95% pure platinum with the remaining 5% usually being palladium, iridium ruthenium and other alloys. Platinum is also a great choice for those who have contact allergies, as the purity of the platinum reduces the likelihood of any irritation during wear.

As with all metals, Platinum can scratch. However, with proper care, the wear should be minimal and can be polished again to return the metal to its original look.

Silver

Silver is one of the oldest precious metals used for making jewellery and is known for its bright white colour. Like gold, 100% silver is too soft for creating jewellery. All our silver jewellery uses a blend of 92.5% silver and 7.5% metal alloy. The alloy we use for our silver diamond rings is copper and zinc. However, silver can be prone to tarnishing as it oxidises and you may find it will have heavier scratching with daily wear as it is softer compared to other luxury metals. Ensuring your silver engagement ring is regularly cleaned and plated with rhodium is essential to restore it from scratching and tarnishing which will occur over time.

18k White Gold

White Gold is an incredibly popular choice of metal for engagement ring settings. White Gold has the same overall appearance as Platinum, however, it has been said to have a brighter ‘white shine’ and is usually less expensive than Platinum.

White gold is naturally an off-white colour, usually with a slight yellow tint. This is because pure gold is usually mixed with at least one white alloy such as palladium or magnesium.

To give white gold the trademark brightness, it is plated with rhodium or iridium - this plating will wear over time and return to its natural yellow tinted colour. However, it can be polished and replated to return the metal to its former glory.

18k Yellow Gold

Yellow Gold is a classic and timeless metal choice for any engagement ring. For thousands of years yellow gold has been used in jewellery. It is known for its warmth in colour which suits many skin tones and its durability as it is resistant to erosion. The colour of the gold is determined by its mix of 75% pure gold and other alloys such as copper and zinc. It has always been a popular choice for modern dainty engagement ring styles to detailed vintage pieces, making it a great choice if you want a ring that can be passed down generations as a family heirloom.

18k Rose Gold

Known for its bright pink hue, Rose Gold originally gained popularity in the 1920s and was loved for its vibrant copper pink gold colour. Rose gold then made a big comeback in 2010 with different lighter shades of this popular pink gold in various jewellery pieces. The unique blush tone of Rose Gold is primarily composed of gold mixed with copper and sometimes silver. As our gold engagement ring mounts are 18k gold, the composition will be 75% gold, with the remaining 25% being copper and sometimes silver to adjust the pink colour. A Rose Gold Engagement ring and Wedding ring give a romantic elegant set that not all metals can achieve.

9K WHITE GOLD

Like 9k rose gold, 9k white gold diamond jewellery contains less gold in the metal. 18k white gold contains 75% pure gold and 25% white metal alloys (silver and palladium), whilst 9k white gold consists of 37.5% pure gold and 62.5% white alloys. A 9k white gold ring is more affordable than an 18k one with less pure gold in the mix. It is the perfect choice for couples who want a cost-effective wedding band or engagement ring.

9k Yellow Gold

Typically, 9k yellow gold has a slightly paler colour than 18k yellow gold - this is due to the amount of pure gold in the metal. While 18k yellow gold has 75% pure gold and the remaining 25% is made up of other alloy metals, 9k yellow gold contains half the amount of pure gold in the metal at 37.5%. The other 62.5% of the metal consists of different alloys, such as silver, nickel, and copper. 9k yellow gold jewellery is an excellent option if you want an affordable yellow gold ring or pendant.

9K ROSE GOLD

When browsing for your engagement ring, you may have found 9k and 18-karat gold options to select from. This refers to how much pure gold is in the alloy. While 18k rose gold has 75% pure gold and 25% alloy (copper & sometimes silver), 9k rose gold is made from 37.5% gold, 20% silver and 42.5% copper. The amount of copper in a 9k rose gold ring gives it a more reddish vibrant tone.

ASK US ANYTHING
Delivery banner

LIVE CHAT

Speak to one of our agents through our website live chat

Delivery banner

CALL US

Speak to us on the phone by calling 0345 222 5009

Delivery banner

EMAIL US

Send an email to [email protected]

X